WHAT INVESTIGATION?

Sundays are special for a variety of reasons. One is my involvement with an online group of mystery and romantic suspense authors who celebrate Sundays via SUSPENSEFUL SEVEN SENTENCE SUNDAY.

We post a seven sentence excerpt from one of our published books, or a current work-in-progress. No more. No less. Seven. Short. Sweet. Suspenseful. Sentences!

The following excerpt is from FRANK, INCENSE AND MURIEL, the first book of my Muriel Reeves Mysteries series.


“Invite me inside, Muriel, listen to what I have to say. If you decide you don’t want to help in the investigation, I’ll leave. I’ll even promise never to darken your doorstep again.”

Although the prospect of his never darkening my doorstep again appealed to me, my brain focused on the one word I suspect he knew all along I would be unable to dismiss.

“Investigation?” I heard myself ask, “What investigation?”

“I’m a private investigator. I’ve been hired to find Rachel.”


Drop by next Sunday for another seven sentence excerpt. In the meantime, check out SUSPENSEFUL SEVEN SENTENCE SUNDAY for a complete list of participating authors. Enjoy your Sunday. And feel free to become a follower of my blog. Thanks. : )

No comments: