WHAT THE--?

Happy Suspenseful Seven Sentence Sunday. The following excerpt is from FRANK, INCENSE AND MURIEL, first book of the Muriel Reeves Mysteries.

It's early in the investigation. In fact, Muriel hasn't yet agreed to join Frankie in his search for a missing woman. When Muriel's aunt and her dog appear on the scene, however, Frankie might just reconsider as well...


“It’s my Aunt Val,” I explained. “We’re supposed to go to the mall after we drop off her dog at--”
Loud, frantic yowls drowned out the remainder of my sentence. The massive, furry creature galloped toward us. Long legs a blur, its claws scraped the ceramic tile like fingernails on a blackboard. Thick blobs of drool splattered in all directions. I braced myself for the inevitable gooey assault, but the animal bypassed me completely.
Frankie bolted to his feet. “What the--?” 


Drop by SUSPENSEFUL SEVEN SENTENCE SUNDAY for a complete list of participating mystery and romantic suspense authors. They've posted some terrific excerpts.

Enjoy, and happy Sunday reading!