Battle Scars

Another Sunday. Another excerpt. I'm so proud to be part of the online group of mystery and romantic suspense authors who celebrate Sundays with suspenseful seven sentence excerpts from our published books, or a current works-in-progress. Seven. Short. Sweet. Suspenseful. Sentences. No more. No less!

The following excerpt is from FRANK, INCENSE AND MURIEL, the first book of my Muriel Reeves Mysteries series.

* * *

"You’ve never been serious a day in your life," I said, "and I’ve got the battle scars to prove it.”

His jaw tightened. He flipped up the collar of his black leather jacket and averted his gaze.

Amazed my comeback actually hit a nerve I used the opportunity to study him. Over six feet tall and
powerfully built, he’d grown into a handsome man. No surprise there. Frankie had always been cute in a rugged, outdoorsy kind of way.

* * *

For more excerpts from other mystery and romantic suspense authors, check out Suspenseful Seven Sentence Sunday. Happy Sunday reading!


No comments: