CALIFORNIA SCHEMIN' by Kate George



Award winning writer, Kate George, is the author of MOONLIGHTING IN VERMONT and CALIFORNIA SCHEMIN' (released March 1, 2011). Visit her website. Her books are available at www.mainlymurderpress.com, amazon.com or can be ordered from any bookstore.

Plus, I'm featuring Kate today on my other blog. I've grilled, um, I mean, interviewed her, so please drop by. 


Video for CALIFORNIA SCHEMIN':



I know you'll enjoy this excerpt. I did!

* * *

I was one of the first people seated on the plane. I took a window seat toward the front and concentrated all my energy on looking like an unfriendly seat hog in hopes of not being crammed in with two other people all the way to Burlington.

My scowl seemed to be working well until a very plump woman with shocking pink hair squeezed herself into the aisle seat. At least no one was likely to try and sit between us. I rested my head on the window and hoped I’d be able to concentrate on my book for the flight home. I sometimes got the willies on airplanes. My legs would twitch and I wouldn’t be able to sit still or concentrate. I dreaded flights like that.

“I wanted to warn you,” the pink haired woman leaned over to me. “I sometimes have trouble controlling my shape-shifting at high altitudes. Don’t be alarmed if my hair changes color or my nose changes shape, okay?”

“Uh, okay,” I said. My luck, I’d gotten stuck with a loony. “How long have you been a shape shifter?”

“Oh, my whole life. I’m from another planet. It’s pretty normal there.”

Correction: I was stuck with an alien loony.

* * *

 Don't forget to drop by my blog to read Kate's interview!

1 comment:

Kate George/Bodacious Betty said...

Thanks for sharing this with your readers today Anne! I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.