Searching for an Out

Welcome to another SUSPENSEFUL SEVEN SENTENCE SUNDAY.
 
This except from FRANK, INCENSE AND MURIEL takes place just before Muriel agrees to help in the investigation to find a missing woman. It's not that she doesn't want to help a friend. It's working alongside her highschool nemesis, Frankie Salerno, that has her worried.
 

Seconds passed as I frantically searched for an out.

“I wouldn’t ask if it wasn’t important, Muriel.”

Desperation laced Jack’s every word.

I exhaled slowly, mentally weighing the pros and cons.

As if I actually had a choice.

The truth was I owed Jack.

I owed him big time.



To read more of Frank, Incense and Muriel click HERE.
 
And please, drop by SUSPENSEFUL SEVEN SENTENCE SUNDAY for a full list of participating mystery and romantic suspense authors.

Happy Sunday reading!
 
* * *

No comments: