Today is day 4 of the Mystery We Write Blog Tour and I’m featured (and being interviewed) on John M. Daniel’s blog.
One of the questions he asked me was, “Can you name six essential ingredients of mystery plot that begin with C?”
I came up with:
(1) Catalyst - a person or thing that causes a change
(2) Character - a person portrayed in a novel
(3) Conflict - opposition that motivates or shapes the action of the plot
(4) Challenge - to take exception to; to call into question
(5) Change – to cause to be different
(6) Consequence - something that follows from an action or condition
(7) Clue - something that guides or directs to the solution of a mystery
(8) Crisis - a turning point
Have I missed one? Is one more important than the others?
Leave a comment (either here or on John M. Daniel’s blog) and you will be eligible to win one of three e-copies of FRANK, INCENSE AND MURIEL, the first book of my Muriel Reeves Mysteries. (And yes, it has all of the above ingredients!) The winners will be announced December 9.
Good luck in the draw and happy reading!
* * *