Influences

Friends are often surprised I write mysteries. They find it difficult to believe the woman whose knees get weak at the sight of blood would willingly (and with such glee) write about murder.


I blame the Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, and Trixie Belden books. I read every single book as a child and always imagined myself as the sleuth. If I close my eyes I can still see those books on the shelves of my small town public library. They began my love affair with the mystery genre.


If you’re an author, what books influenced you to become a writer?

If you’re a reader, what books drew you to this genre?

Today is day 5 of the Mystery We Write Blog Tour. I’m visiting with Alice Duncan and among other things, we’re chatting about what books influenced our decision to write mysteries.

Leave a comment (either here or on Alice’s blog) and you will be eligible to win one of three e-copies of FRANK, INCENSE AND MURIEL, the first book of my Muriel Reeves Mysteries. The winners will be announced December 9.


Good luck in the draw and happy reading!

* * *

2 comments:

Susanne Drazic said...

Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden and The Hardy Boys were some of my favorite books when I was growing up. I so wish I still had those books. I remember reading them over and over again.

Anne K. Albert said...

Me, too, Susanne! They were wonderful company. I considered them friends.