Holiday Mayhem & Madness

Today is day 14 of the Mystery We Write Blog Tour and it seems fitting today’s topic should be holiday mayhem and madness. If your family is anything like mine, this is a hectic season.

When my daughter was young, I used to prepare for Christmas months in advance. That included selecting just the right gifts, holiday baking, making cards, planning get-togethers. Now, my sister and her family are on the one side of the country, my daughter is on the other, and I no longer have the time or inclination to do all of that prep work!

Many people still do, of course, and Val, Muriel’s aunt, is no exception. In Frank, Incense and Muriel, book one of the Muriel Reeves Mysteries, she’s doing a baking marathon based on the 12 Days of Christmas.

Today my final Mystery We Write Blog Tour visit is with Earl Staggs. I’m sharing another excerpt from Frank, Incense and Muriel. Here’s a taste:

My aunt ambled inside the kitchen, and handed me a round cookie tin. A rosy-cheeked Santa smiled up at me.

I gave the tin a gentle shake and asked, “Day two?"

The dog made yelping sounds. At least I think it was the dog. It was hard to tell with his muzzle embedded beneath Frankie’s thighs.

“You bet,” Val said, referring to her gift. “I made a dozen mincemeat tarts. Each decorated with two of the cutest little ceramic turtledoves you’ve ever seen.”

To read the entire excerpt click HERE. Leave a comment (either here or on Earl’s blog) and you will be eligible to win one of three e-copies of Frank, Incense and Muriel, the first book of my Muriel Reeves Mysteries. The winners will be announced tomorrow.

Good luck in the draw and happy reading!

* * *

No comments: