Pantser or Plotter?

I’m envious of writers who plot their stories. I listen and stare in wonder when they say they have such and such a scene to write, and then provide me with in-depth details of what they foresee.

How do they do that? How can they possibly know these things? I never know from one sentence to the next what will happen!

As you may have already guessed, I’m a pantser.

I doubt most readers are even aware of these two methods, let alone care whether authors are plotters or pantsers. What matters is that we deliver a great story.

Speaking of great stories, today is day 8 of the Mystery We Write Blog Tour. I’m visiting with Timothy Hallinan. Leave a comment (either here or on his blog) and you will be eligible to win one of three e-copies of FRANK, INCENSE AND MURIEL, the first book of my Muriel Reeves Mysteries. The winners will be announced December 9.

Good luck in the draw and happy reading!

 * * *

No comments: